Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Book 1, Volume 1, Chapter 1, Page 1, Paragraph....



Ladies & Gents,

After much hesitation and internal reasoning, i've decided to give this blogging shit a try. I think this will be a good way to release whatever it is I deem public information in my little world. So, here it is! ME!

I have recently made a big change in my life. After 12 or so years i've made the decision to delete cigarette smoking out of my life. People say its hard to quit, but you know what people? A lot of shit in this world is hard to do and i've found that the only way to get ahead is to move forward, make change, try hard. These are the simplest answers, the practical and political responses to hard situations. I know its tough, i've quit a few times over the years... With that said, i know that addiction is real. But, I think will power is all you need in this world to make change. "The Patch", Nicorette, a few a day... Those are all reasons to start back up. Withdrawal is a bitch but its meaningless if you don't withdraw. So, Booyah - i'm doing it and so far I feel pretty groovy.

Two of my best friends from college, Daniel J Holmes and Scott "Jingus" Dyke recently contacted me and asked if i was interested in running a half marathon. Now let me just preface a scenario in which Dan or Scott would ever ask me something like this... The three of us are not the marathon running types. When i think of these dudes I have visions of drinking bottles of Jack Daniel's chased with microbrews. Things being smoked... (cigarettes, weed, pork butt) You get the idea. We aren't the picture of health but we are determined and I think this will be awesome. I started training last week and I will use this blog to update the interweb about my progress as a professional runner.

That's right folks, i'm a professional runner and a professional quitter. Thanks for reading my blog - I will be sure to keep it updated with other stuff about me. Interesting huh? Stay Tuned!

Peace - JB

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I always knew you had a knack for quitting.